WASHINGTON, D.C. (Civic Media) – Six Wisconsin educational institutions have received the Green Ribbon Award from the U.S. Dept. of Education, according to an announcement by the Department on Thursday.
The Green Ribbon Award is given to schools to highlight their cost-saving health-promoting and performance-enhancing sustainability practices, according to the program’s description on the Dept. of Education’s website.
Recipients in Wisconsin include four schools, one district, and one university. You can click or tap on each school’s name to see their nomination package:
- Browning Elementary School · Milwaukee
- Eagleview Elementary Charter School · Eagle, Wis.
- Forest Edge Elementary School · Fitchburg, Wis.
- Tamarack Waldorf School · Milwaukee
- Unified School District of De Pere · De Pere, Wis.
- University of Wisconsin – Platteville · Platteville, Wis.
In total, 26 schools, 11 districts and four universities received the award in 2023. Of the 41 recipients, six are from Wisconsin.
You can learn more about the program at the Dept. of Education website.